The crispy salmon fillet with Beluga lentils is a perfect & healthy nutritional pair. If you don’t have Beluga you can easily substitute them with any type of lentils. The chives salsa is a healthy seasoning when using a spread -butter substitute with health extras.
Ingredients for the Chives Salsa:
- 6 table spoons of spread-butter substitute with health extras
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Lentils:
- 2 cups Beluga lentils
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons Chives Salsa (see above)
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
Ingredients for the Salmon:
- 4 pieces of salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the chives salsa, mash all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer the chives salsa to a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Shape the buttered salsa into a log about 3cm in diameter, using the plastic to help mold the butter. Wrap the log tightly and then chill.
- Bring lentils, water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer the lentils for about 20 to 25 minutes. Almost all the water will have evaporated and the lentils should be tender.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the chives salsa and then remove the lentils from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Then use a brush and lightly baste both sides of the fillets with the olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, if you like your salmon medium-rare, but if you prefer it closer to well done, increase the cooking time by 1 or 2 minutes, total.
- Spoon some of the lentils onto a plate; add some drops of soy sauce.
- Then place a salmon filet onto the lentils.
- Top with some of the chives salsa.