Enjoy this delicious guacamole as a snack with a few whole grain tortillas. It’s also nice as a side to grilled fish, chicken or any Mexican dish.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin and sweet paprika and mash.
- Fold in the onions, red pepper, tomatoes, coriander and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.